Making Floral Crowns at House Of Fraser!

*contains gifted content*

Hello Owlets!

With two videos in under a week, this YouTube thing is getting to be a bit of a habit! Today I wanted to share with you my trip to the Crown and Glory Pop Up Shop in Bristol - a few bloggers were invited to make our own flower crowns on Thursday night ahead of the weekend's event.


We started with a few drinks while we looked over the variety of flowers to choose from. I didn't really know where to start but the advice was just to grab the flowers that jumped out at you.


I did originally plan to make a summer themed crown- either with bright colours or pastel colours, or a mix of both. But putting that aside I decided to take their advice, so I just went for what I liked the look of. This, however, meant that I did my usual and gravitated towards my favourite colour, and everything turned out purple! I think the issue was that there were so many to choose from- there were around 20-30 jars with every colour you could imagine- so it became impossible to pick. As I was talking, the lady making the crowns said that some of the flowers were vintage, which I think is such a lovely idea as it adds to the idea of the crown being one of a kind even more than if it was all new.


Once we had chosen our flowers, we gave the pot to one of the lovely people putting the crowns together, who arranged the flowers in a way that made it look well chosen, rather than the mess I'd made by choosing all the colours I loved! While we all chose to go for a headband (bloggers are extravagant creatures!) you could also choose to make a hairband if you preferred something more subtle.


The finished result was something that I would not have chosen in a million years, but because I chose the flowers I liked then made it, I came away with something completely different but that I absolutely loved! It was such a great evening, and I'm really pleased with my new floral crown!

http://www.crownandglory.co.uk

Let me know what you think - what would you choose if you were there too? Let me know in the comments below!

Love and Feathers, 
 The Owlet 💜 

You can find me on Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin, Facebook & Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say; it's a hoot!